Re: WebIDs and Content-Location

From: Dave Beckett <dave@dajobe.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 15:52:12 -0700
To: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
CC: Norman Gray <norman@astro.gla.ac.uk>, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>, public-webid <public-webid@w3.org>, public-cwm-talk@w3.org, Owen Sacco <owen.sacco@deri.org>
On 4/15/12 2:41 PM, Toby Inkster wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 21:48:09 +0100
> Norman Gray <norman@astro.gla.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> tl;dr: content-location trumps request-uri.
>
> As per RFC 2616, true.
>
> But in practice, most browsers have never implemented this. Some HTTP
> libraries do though. (libwww-perl does.) There are Internet drafts
> planned to obsolete RFC 2616, and these change Content-Location's de
> jure behaviour to match that of browsers.
>
> See http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/154

For your information I ddid consider this a bug in raptor since it handled
the Content-Location: header but not a relative URI in C-L.  This is fixed
in GIT (will be 2.0.8)

Dave