Re: WebId in cwm

On 23 Jun 2011, at 14:19, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

> Is there a library in Python?

Well all I am asking for here is that one can specify a default client certificate on the command line.

Using curl one can do

$ curl -E/--cert  <certificate[:password]> https://webid.net/web/

The idea would be to allow the same behaviour in cwm. That should just be a matter of passing the client cert and the private key that goes with it to the HTTPS or FTPS endpoint, to send along if requested by the server.

It is true that CWM also can be run as a server. For that you may want to ask

http://www.pipian.com/blog/2008/12/12/taac-in-action/
http://foaf.markmail.org/thread/mtyou7yuus5gilmy

Ian Jacobi may have more up to date info on what is going on in python.
But I think just being able to GET remote WebID protected resoures would be good.

Henry

> On 2011-06 -23, at 02:04, Henry Story wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to set cwm up so that it can use a client certificate for TLS endpoints requesting
>> WebID? I have written this up for curl here:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/wiki/Foaf%2Bssl/FAQ#Which_developer_tools_support_WebId.3F
>>
>> and would like to add a solution for cwm.
>>
>> Henry
>>
>> Social Web Architect
>> http://bblfish.net/

Social Web Architect