  From: jos.deroo@agfa.com
  To: lc.pvrr@orange.fr
  Cc: DIG group ; ++jean marc vanel ; cwm talk ; public-cwm-talk-request@w3.org ; Yosi Scharf ; Tim Berners-Lee
  Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2009 6:33 PM
  Subject: Re: n3 grammar : ambiguity for integer and decimal

  Luc,

  > There is no problems with "@is", "@of", and "@a"

  and I think that is why Tim and Dan in
  http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/n3/#keywords
  say that

  [[
  The grammar is written as without reference to the keywords system at all,
  on the assumption that the string has been preprocessed by a keyword processor
  to put a "@" on all keywords and a ":" on all qnames in the default namespace.
  ]]

  Kind regards,

  Jos De Roo | Agfa HealthCare
  Senior Researcher | HE/Advanced Clinical Applications Research
  T  +32 3444 7618
  http://www.agfa.com/w3c/jdroo/

  Quadrat NV, Kortrijksesteenweg 157, 9830 Sint-Martens-Latem, Belgium
  http://www.agfa.com/healthcare

        "luc peuvrier at home" <lc.pvrr@orange.fr>
        Sent by: public-cwm-talk-request@w3.org
        02/21/2009 05:56 PM
       To "Tim Berners-Lee" <timbl@w3.org>
              cc Jos De Roo/AMDUS/AGFA@AGFA, "cwm talk" <public-cwm-talk@w3.org>, "DIG group" <diggers@csail.mit.edu>, "Yosi Scharf" <syosi@mit.edu>, "++jean marc vanel" <jeanmarc.vanel@gmail.com>
              Subject Re: n3 grammar : ambiguity for integer and decimal

  Tim,

  Thank you to take care of my spot.

  An other ambiguity I discovered writing n3 parser that I did not mentionned is about "is" "of" and "a" keyword.
  There is no problems with "@is", "@of", and "@a" since the @ make able to distinguish to a qname, it is not the case with "is" "of" and "a" keyword because it also match qname non terminal.

  I have this since I have the following rules not in n3 grammar:
  verb <- ( "is" | "@is" ) expression ( "of" | "@of" )

  for the entry  " :jmv is :guru of :luc ."

  it match at the same time

  simpleStatement

    subject propertylist
    |       |
    |       verb object objecttail propertylisttail
    |       |    |      |          |
   |       |    |      void       void
  :jmv      is   :guru

  and

  simpleStatement

    subject propertylist
    |       |
    |       verb                  object objecttail propertylisttail
    |       |                     |      |          |
    |       "is" expression "of"  |      |          |
  :jmv      is   :guru      of    :luc   void       void

  so there is a shift/reduce conflict between
  verb <- expression
  and
  verb <- is expression of

  this can be solve saying qname can not have the value "is" "of"

  Best regards
  Luc Peuvrier