Re: n3 grammar : ambiguity for integer and decimal

From: luc peuvrier at home <lc.pvrr@orange.fr>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 17:56:14 +0100
To: "Tim Berners-Lee" <timbl@w3.org>
Cc: <jos.deroo@agfa.com>, "cwm talk" <public-cwm-talk@w3.org>, "DIG group" <diggers@csail.mit.edu>, "Yosi Scharf" <syosi@mit.edu>, "++jean marc vanel" <jeanmarc.vanel@gmail.com>
Tim,

Thank you to take care of my spot.

An other ambiguity I discovered writing n3 parser that I did not mentionned is about "is" "of" and "a" keyword.
There is no problems with "@is", "@of", and "@a" since the @ make able to distinguish to a qname, it is not the case with "is" "of" and "a" keyword because it also match qname non terminal.

I have this since I have the following rules not in n3 grammar:
  verb <- ( "is" | "@is" ) expression ( "of" | "@of" )

for the entry  " :jmv is :guru of :luc ."

it match at the same time

    simpleStatement

      subject propertylist
      |       |
      |       verb object objecttail propertylisttail
      |       |    |      |          |
      |       |    |      void       void
    :jmv      is   :guru

  and

    simpleStatement

      subject propertylist
      |       |
      |       verb                  object objecttail propertylisttail
      |       |                     |      |          |
      |       "is" expression "of"  |      |          |
    :jmv      is   :guru      of    :luc   void       void

so there is a shift/reduce conflict between
verb <- expression
and
verb <- is expression of

this can be solve saying qname can not have the value "is" "of"

Best regards
Luc Peuvrier