Re: qname shortland starting with a digit

Luc,

Sesame 2.2.4 does not handle digits at the start of the local part of a
QName, either. (Perhaps 3.0b does, but I haven't found the time)

Jena 2.5.4 and Jena 2.6.0 do, however.

Rather annoying behavior. I heard claims of "Historic XML namespace QName
compliance", but Saxon handles elements with "digit names" in Plain Old
XML....

Does anyone know why tools are mixed on how they handled digits in QNames? I
would imagine that it would be a natural desire.

Regards,
Tim Lebo