Re: serialising literal subjects to rdf/xml

From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 22:15:09 -0500
Cc: public-cwm-talk@w3.org
To: Story Henry <henry.story@bblfish.net>

I agree with the technique, except with using owl:sameAs.

What you serialize with owl:sameAs  is a different graph.
RDF systems don't *have* to smush on owl:sameAs.

I propose using a dummy predicate rdf:is which is NEVER put really in
the graph,it is just part of the syntax.  It is used for making the
same node from a bnode and a symbol be the same node in the graph.

The equivalent in N3 was :- but I now prefer  == .  This can then be
used in

joe :mother [ == agnes; mother andrea ].

etc.

Tim