Re: SPARQL grammar... in BNF? N3?

Dan Connolly wrote:

>Yosi, Tim, Eric,
>
>The SPARQL parser in cwm... it seems to be built from EricP's
>BNF...
>

>|    if web:
>|        File = urllib.urlopen('http://www.w3.org/2005/01/yacker/uploads/sparqlTest/bnf')
> -- http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/sparql/sparql-grammar.py

Wow. That line, and indeed that entire file, appears to be an incredible
red herring. sparql-grammar.py is not used anywhere, and never worked.
It was an early attempt of mine, before I switched to yacker.

I used yacker on a file I had modified to be LL(0). I think this was
http://www.w3.org/2005/01/yacker/uploads/yosiJune28a/bnf . Running that
through yacker (almost) got me
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/grammar/sparql . I manually rewrote some
of the worst regexps in it for speed, however, the last of those
modifications being on July 28. Therefore, any changes to the SPARQL
grammar after that time have not been tracked. Cwm's sparql support uses
this. The was this works is shown in
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/sparql/Makefile

Yosi