Re: RDF 2 OWL

On 5/5/06, Maciej Gawinecki <mg@bydnet.pl> wrote:

> Do you know any properly working tool for such a conversion of
> RDF into OWL, that changes rdfs:Class into owl:Class, rdf:Property
> into owl:ObjectProperty or owl:DataProperty etc.

For what it's worth, not long ago I did this on a fairly big ontology
using XSLT, but it relied on specific predictable structures in the
doc (range Literal is handy for ObjectProperty/DataProperty ;-). In
the general case I'm not sure this could be fully automated.

Consistency checking with Pellet helped a lot:
http://www.mindswap.org/2003/pellet/

I guess both the transformation and checking could be wired up as N3
rules in cwm.

(cc changed from retired www-rdf-interest@w3.org to replacement
semantic-web@w3.org)

Cheers,