data, an RDF syntax born of jetlag and nxml-mode

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:30:42 +0200
To: public-cwm-talk@w3.org

I can't recall the exact train of thought, but at some point, my
jet-lagged thoughts around an XML syntax that mirrors N3 became
sufficiently lucent that I felt compelled to code them up. So I took
the examples from the N3 primer

and rendered them in this syntax, along with some bits of my foaf

For example
<#pat> <#child>  <#al>, <#chaz>, <#mo> ;
        <#age>    24 ;
        <#eyecolor> "blue" .

  <thing ref="#pat">
   <rel ref="#child">
     <thing ref="#al"/>
     <thing ref="#chaz"/>
     <thing ref="#mo"/>

The motivation had something to do with rules, I think, though I never
got beyond the turtle part of N3... and appealing more to XML

and I wrote a relax-ng schema for it:

just 51 lines. Fun!

and an XSLT transformation to standard RDF/XML stuff

which is straightforward but doesn't handle is/of.

Hmm... I published them in /2005/01/dx but I worked
on them in swap/util, and I haven't changed the namespace

I intend to change the namespace and make it grddl-happy.
Beyond that... I'm not sure what made it so interesting
to me in the middle of the night... Enjoy.