RE: is/of feature of N3 in turtle/sparql?

At 17:39 31/05/05 +0100, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
> > My intuition is that SPARQL queries will overwhelmingly be machine
> > generated, and that the value of added syntactic sugar will be very
> > small.
>
>Interesting.
>
>So far I have found there are machine generated ones, one that are a
>template for machine generation (i.e the app writer still reads the
>template) and purely hand written ones.
>
>I was being a SPARQL user at the weekend.  I do find myself writing
>SPARQL queries inside programming languages (Java mainly for me) - hence
>the desire for 'string' to avoid \" everywhere.

Hmmm... I think you've slightly punctured my argument...  by machine
generated, I was including queries coded in an application.

I do agree that in this context having an alternative quoting mechanism is
useful for making the source code more readable.  But I still feel that
is/of is not really important so I suppose it's just a matter of degree and
taste?

#g

Graham Klyne
For email: