Re: is/of feature of N3 in turtle/sparql?

On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 03:47:50PM -0400, Stan Devitt wrote:
> Just to be perfectly clear,
>
> the key point I want to raise is that  at the moment depending on how "is"
> aliased, the statement  ":a is :b of :c."  may or may not
> parse.  Similarly for   ":a is :b."    The "is" tokens in the two
> statements play entirely different roles.
>
> I am commenting specfically on n3 at the moment and need to look at the
> use on SPARQL before commenting further, other
> than indicating my preference to avoid applying aliasing at tokenization
> time.

The relevent part of the SPARQL grammar is at
  <http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#rTriples1>

The grammar currently inludes:
  . , ;
    s p o . s p o2
    s p o, o2
    s p o; p o2
  [] ()
    [] p o
    [ p o ]
    s p ( i1 i2 )

My opinion as both an editor and working group member is that the
turtle syntax is intuitive and attractive in its simplicity. We have
postponed a number of issues for later versions of the language. I
would postpone the expansion of the graph language to include more of
n3 such as:
  s >- p -> o	# now  s = p => o  ?
  o <- p -< s	# now  o <= p = s  ?
  o is p of s
  has		# which i don't understand. where's the object?
  this
  =		# for owl:sameAs
  is		# without the of
  and the ever-controversial {}