Re: is/of feature of N3 in turtle/sparql?

There are two important things to note:

1.  The current n3 grammar defines this four term structure in terms of
the tokens @is and @of.  This re-interpretatation in terms of "is" and
"of" relies on
aliasing.

2.  Because  @is and @of participate in a very different grammatical
structure from (say) simple name tokens this complicates the aliasing
mechanism considerably.  There is now more than one possible grammatical
role for the target of the alias so the actual tokenizing is changed by
the aliasing.

I would be happier if either aliasing were not involved, or at least did
not change the tokenizing.  Can someone comment on this?

Stan Devitt
Agfa

Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Sent by: public-cwm-talk-request@w3.org