Rule sets for rdfs and owl

From: Jones, David H <david.h.jones@boeing.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:36:12 -0700
To: <public-cwm-talk@w3.org>

To include the inference rules defined in the semantics of RDF(S) and OWL, it would appear that you have to include rules sets such as those found at :

http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/rdfs-rules.n3
http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/owl-rules.n3 <http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/rdfs-rules.n3>

This indeed works for rdfs-rules; for example including rdfs-rules causes inference about the sub/super class to occur:
python ..\cwm.py aircraft.n3  http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/rdfs-rules.n3 --think -filter=ac-rules1.n3

However, when I do a similar thing with owl-rules cwm seems to hang (pegs processor for minutes at a time).

Is this the right way to invoke inference implied by the semantics of RDF(S) and OWL, or is there another way?
How can I get correct operation with owl-rules?

Regards,

David H. Jones
Boeing Phantom Works,
Mathematics & Computing Technology