Re: Notation for sets in n3

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 23:01:39 +0200
To: "Yosi Scharf <syosi" <syosi@mit.edu>
Cc: public-cwm-talk@w3.org, syosi@mit.edu, timbl@w3.org

In the euler implemention we have been experimenting with
{ :a . :b . :c } a math:Set .

It works, but we haven't much experience yet :)

Yosi Scharf <syosi@mit.edu>
Sent by: public-cwm-talk-request@w3.org
02/08/2004 21:06

        To:     public-cwm-talk@w3.org
        cc:     syosi@mit.edu, timbl@w3.org
        Subject:        Notation for sets in n3

Recently, it was decided that Cwm should have support for sets.

This leads to the question, what delimeter should a set have in n3? The
problem is n3 already use every ascii delimeter I can think of.
(...) is taken for lists
{...} is taken for formulae
[...] is taken for anonymous nodes
<...> is taken for resources

My father suggested ..., but being as that cannot be typed on a
standard keyboard, is unlikely to be useful.

My personal opinion is something like {|...|} would be best. Something
like $(...) might also work. It seems no matter what we do, readability
is compromised.

Yosi