string: cases

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:39:27 +0100
To: public-cwm-talk@w3.org

[forwarding an older mail]

In the mean time I've implemented the builtins
str:matches and str:notMatches for both java and .net i.e.
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/eulersharp/2004/01swap/src/euler/Euler.java?rev=1.9&view=auto
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/eulersharp/2004/01swap/src/Eulersharp/Euler.cs?rev=1.9&view=auto

I know that this is not strictly *about* cwm, but we want to interoperate
with cwm and in that respect I wanted to ask if the str:matches is intended
to determine if a string exactly matches a given pattern or to determine
if a string contains a pattern (we did the former i.e. the "exactly
matches").

Another link is that we have python code in the works
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/eulersharp/2004/02swap/RDFEngine/?sortby=date
and Guido is actually working on a next (major) release and that's
running backward chaining code...

semWaving :)

----- Forwarded by Jos De_Roo/AMDUS/MOR/Agfa-NV/BE/BAYER on 26/02/2004
21:17 -----

                      Jos De_Roo
                                               To:       timbl@w3.org@internet, connolly@w3.org@internet
                      13/02/2004 22:03         cc:       www-archive@w3.org
                                               Subject:  string: cases

i have test cases here where string:notEndsWith and
string:notContainsIgnoringCase seems to be needed...

what I could do is put them in a
http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2004/01swap/string#
but then have no chance to run those in cwm...
(that's the trouble with builtins and completeness...)

any hint ?

thanks :)