Re: CSV on the Web Primer ready for comments

A couple of comments:

2.2 How can you provide documentation about the columns in a CSV file?

Columns are in different languages, but there’s no `lang` annotation. I realize that this isn’t the point of the section, but adding it as non-bold content will reinforce good practice. (There are other examples like this, e.g. Example 41).

4.1 What can you transform CSV into?

Being pedantic here, but we might make clear that the RDF output is as serialized in Turtle to combat the impression that RDF is simply another data format as opposed to a data model. Maybe just a note in the first use that clarifies what we mean when showing RDF output.

4.13 How should you display CSV tables in HTML?

It might also be worth noting that RDF can be transformed to HTML+RDFa, so that the result can appear in HTML. This could be done, for example, using an appropriate template provided to my RDFa serializer, and other toolchains may have a similar view.

Probably more common would be to emit as JSON, include in HTML, and generate the HTML output through scripting.

5.1 How do you indicate the language used by the metadata file?

Odd that a section on multi-lingual CSVs would only show a single language. This should clearly use a `lang` annotation in each column as well. You do that later on in 5.4, but it seems odd to use obviously multi-language use cases elsewhere without setting `lang`.

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net