Re: Travis

> On Nov 30, 2015, at 7:30 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
>
> Gregg,
>
> I have switched travis on for the repository. What happens now? For example, where is this htmlproof executed? Ie, which machine around the globe, and where does that stuff come from? What is the procedure (travis-novice:-)

It’s executed on Travis servers, which people voluntarily provide to run such jobs. Basically, it listens for commits to a repository and schedules a job, sometimes there can be several jobs run for a given commit, when a merge happens. You can kick it off manually using the “Test service” button from the Webhooks & services view for “Manage Travis CI” in the repository settings (which I don’t have access too). Otherwise, it will automatically go on the next commit to the repo. Once it’s started, it should be visible here: https://travis-ci.org/w3c/csvw <https://travis-ci.org/w3c/csvw>.

> Also: the link checker will fail, as we know, because the cross references will fail until I put the files onto W3C/TR/2015 (in which case we can just as well run the link checker on W3C).

Yes it will fail, until documents are moved into place, but the messages will likely be useful anyway. You’ll probably get “Still failing” messages from travis, which I believe you can silence through your settings. It’s also possible to put a “bug” in the repo README that displays the status of the CI tests. For example, the Structured Data Linter runs tests automatically which are shown here: https://travis-ci.org/structured-data/linter <https://travis-ci.org/structured-data/linter>.

Gregg