Re: Publication request has been issued

>>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-csv2rdf-20150108/
>>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-tabular-data-model-20150108/
>>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-tabular-metadata-20150108/
>>>
>>> All four documents should now be in the hands of the webmaster; in other words, any discussion we may have from now on would not affect the documents published this coming Thursday and should influence future version only.
>>
>> Shall I throw together a quick blog post to go out on Thursday then?
>
> That would be great!
>
>> Will there be a broader W3C blog post we should wait for and link to?
>>

> Only the official announcement and the home page news. As soon as that is out, we can get the blog out.

OK, I've thrown something together and it is queued up in the Data
Activity blog. I don't see any homepage news yet so I've not published
the post.

You can see it in draft c/o
http://www.w3.org/blog/data/?p=94&preview=true (with hyperlinks) or
plain text here,

"""The CSV on the Web Working Group has published four drafts.
Alongside updates to theexisting Model for Tabular Data and Metadata
and Metadata Vocabulary for Tabular Datadocuments, are two new
documents. These describe mechanisms for generating JSON and RDF from
tabular data. This work builds on the earlier specifications which
describe higher level metadata for tabular data such as CSV. We also
anticipate the creation of a W3C Community Group for exploring more
advanced mappings that exploit text-oriented templating systems such
as Mustache, or W3C’s R2RML. The Working Group welcomes all feedback
on its drafts, and in particular solicits review of the new
specifications for generating JSON and RDF from tabular data."""

I am not sure about wisdom of mentioning the anticipated CG, but I
thought it might help set expectations around the JSON/RDF docs to be
clear that they aren't intended to be the last word on fancy data
mapping (esp. given our charter). If anyone cares to
tweak/polish/rewrite, please go ahead (directly via wordpress or
comment in this thread).

cheers,

Dan