One comment on "CSV on the Web" WDs

From: Bob DuCharme <bducharme@topquadrant.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 11:56:26 -0400
To: public-csv-wg@w3.org
After some internal discussion at TopQuadrant between Irene Polikoff,
Holger Knublauch, Richard Cyganiak and myself, we have only have
suggestion. The rows of a tabular dataset typically describe instances of a
common class, so we think it would make sense for the the schema section of
the "Metadata Vocabulary" document (
http://www.w3.org/TR/tabular-metadata/#dfn-schema) to include a way to
identify that class--for example, to say that the rows of example 2 in
"Generating RDF from Tabular Data on the Web" are instances of foaf:Person,
that the rows in example 5 are instances of schema:Country, that the rows
of example 28 of "Metadata Vocabulary for Tabular Data" are instances of
xyz:Employee, etc.

The output shown in Example 3 of "Generating RDF from Tabular Data on the
Web" would then include something like "a schema:Person" along with the
_col=1, _col=2, etc. values.

Thanks,

Bob DuCharme
TopQuadrant