(Updated) draft for a default RDF mapping plus a draft for JSON mapping

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 15:00:22 +0200
To: W3C CSV on the Web Working Group <public-csv-wg@w3.org>
As agreed on our call, I have updated my earlier draft for a default RDF mapping. This is now on:

http://w3c.github.io/csvw/csv2rdf/

As an experiment, I have also created a copy of it where I changed RDF to JSON, trying to define a minimal JSON mapping. The result is:

http://w3c.github.io/csvw/csv2rdf/index-json.html

The goal is to keep these very close; ideally, if one adds a suitable @context then the JSON one should be a serialization (in JSON-LD) of the RDF mapping. I am sure it is not proper, and I hope that somebody will look at that when the time comes.

I have added a number of issues to the document (and there are probably more). The biggest issue I have hit is as follows. At present, we may find ourselves in a situation when no column name is specified. If the CSV file is a 'Core Tabular Data' (but not annotated), and the metadata does not have a schema/column data set; all these are indeed optional. In a previous version of the data model there was a rule set on some sort of a default naming of the columns, but that is, somehow, gone. I have added something in this document, but I am not sure that is the right place.

Enjoy:-)

Cheers

Ivan

P.S. Tracker, this closes Action-30