Re: D3 as a possible use case

On 11 Sep 2014, at 18:45 , Alfredo Serafini <seralf@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> D3 is indeed a great tool even on the model side, while is often considered "only" for the presentation part.
>
> @Kev: having D3 models + RDF /DCAT would be great! :-)
>
> Has simile exhibit been already analyzed too, on the list?
> If the idea is to gathering their experience importing/manipulating tabular data, usage pattern and so on, I suggest to consider exhibit too, as it can use json as well as CSV data [2], and has an interesting concept of internal "relation mapping" [3] which may be useful to this context, I suppose (I think about json-ld mapping and so on).

Well... Simile is a great tool (I have used it myself) but I am not sure it is actively used and developed further. AFAIK, Zepheira took it over from MIT when the original author finished his PhD, but I have not heard any serious usage since:-(

I would be happy to be proven otherwise!

Cheers

Ivan

----