Re: Reflection on the special telco of CSVW

On 10 September 2014 13:16, Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@wu.ac.at> wrote:
> first, (admittedly being a bit offline over the past months on CSV on the Web and our main participant
> in the group only being back next week), I have the (cautious) tendency to opt rather for Alternative
> 2, in case. wouldn't Alternative 1 essentuially mean re-inventing R2RML  (again, apologies if I missed
> that part in the discussion and would be grateful for pointers)?

R2RML has always been on our radar as a relevant nearby technology.
Would you or colleagues have interest/time in prototyping a concrete
example of using it with CSV data + associated JSON metadata?

> This also goes into the direction of

> second, as a side note, just thinking out loud here on the mustache {{ }} syntax...
> Assuming I have RDF as output for a canonical conversion and want to use SPARQL CONSTRUCT as a
> base language for a more complex transformation on top of that. Then, {{ }} would probably not
> go nicely with parsers(?), since {{ }} may occur to separate group graph patterns.

Regarding Mustache, http://mustache.github.io/mustache.5.html says

"

Set Delimiter

Set Delimiter tags start with an equal sign and change the tag
delimiters from {{ and }} to custom strings.

Consider the following contrived example:

* {{default_tags}}
{{=<% %>=}}
* <% erb_style_tags %>
<%={{ }}=%>
* {{ default_tags_again }}

Here we have a list with three items. The first item uses the default
tag style, the second uses erb style as defined by the Set Delimiter
tag, and the third returns to the default style after yet another Set
Delimiter declaration.

According to ctemplates, this "is useful for languages like TeX, where
double-braces may occur in the text and are awkward to use for
markup."

Custom delimiters may not contain whitespace or the equals sign."

Here's the corresponding ctemplates doc,
http://google-ctemplate.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/doc/reference.html

This issue btw has also come up w.r.t. readability of templates that
target JSON-LD, since both use '{', '}' symbols heavily.

Dan