Re: overview slides of RFC 6570 URI Template for TPAC face to face

Thanks Jeremy, it is great you did this!

I would expect that the way to use this may be two different ways, both as part of the 'direct mapping' (let me keep to this name now...):

- the user could set a template to control what predicate name URI (if any) should be used to denote a full column. Ie, today, it is quite mechanically (in Turtle):

  <row id> :column-name value .

where 'column-name' is the value of of the 'name' property in the metadata for the column. This can be enriched by this template

- (the obvious one) the user can also control what the value is in the example above, instead of the verbatim copy of the cell value. We can go one step further (for RDF) and say that the presence of a template would automatically mean that the object is a URI reference and not a Literal. In the JSON case, we may also use the JSON-LD idiom (I hope I get it right from the top of my head)

{
   "value": "http:....";
   "@type": "@url"
}

I also presume that when, in the example, we have name:=value, what we would mean here is that name is the name of a column.

Bottomline: I think this could/should be usable with the direct mapping indeed.

B.t.w., I have found a list of implementations:

https://code.google.com/p/uri-templates/wiki/Implementations

which is good, hopefully any conversion can just plug those in, instead of going through a full implementation ourselves.

See you in a few days!

Ivan

On 23 Oct 2014, at 05:37 , Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi - please find attached an overview of RFC 6570 for the meeting next week. Mainly examples (from the RFC) that can be ripped through v quickly …
>
> This closes ACTION-37
>
> Jeremy
>
> <RFC6570-uri-template-overview.pdf>

----