R2RML/RML for CSV

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 07:56:28 +0100
To: "public-csv-wg@w3.org" <public-csv-wg@w3.org>, Anastasia Dimou <anastasia.dimou@ugent.be>
I've been learning a little more about R2RML (and RML). I think I'm at
the point where asking for help is inevitable!

Q: Can [R2]RML expand a single row into multiple interconnected
subject-nodes. I thought maybe
http://www.w3.org/TR/r2rml/#dfn-referencing-object-map is relevant but
haven't figured it out.

Example:

1. data
https://github.com/w3c/csvw/blob/gh-pages/examples/tests/scenarios/events/events-listing.csv

2. target triples
https://github.com/w3c/csvw/blob/gh-pages/examples/tests/scenarios/events/expected-triples.txt

This is a 5 field CSV which expands into 3 typed entities (in
schema.org types, a Place, a MusicEvent and an Offer).

My suspicion is that R2RML is optimised for the case where tables like
this are denormalized and related using relational keys. I don't see a
way to create three different "subject maps" for these typed entities.
But I'm new to the specs and still exploring. Any clues welcomed!
Experiment so far is still all in one directory at
https://github.com/w3c/csvw/tree/gh-pages/examples/tests/scenarios/events
and uses the RMLProcessor tool I described in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-csv-wg/2014Oct/0002.html

cheers,

Dan