Re: CSVW WG meeting agenda Nov 19th?

On 19 November 2014 11:50, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com> wrote:
> On 18 November 2014 16:07, Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com> wrote:
>> All - there are no new issues pending discussion for the mapping documents
>> at this time. At this point I am yet to update the GitHub issues from last
>> week (shame!) but promise to do so!!!
>
> Thanks. At this stage in the WG's life we really need to be focussed
> around the editorial work, and the Github issues are probably the best
> tool we have for trying to share that workload and keep a wider group
> aware of our efforts.
>
>> However, I wonder if it might be worth looking once more at the data-format
>> issue ...
>>
>> I have been trying to determine if the number and date formatting functions
>> from 'XPath & XQuery Functions and Operators 3.0’ are workable. Also I have
>> found Java and JavaScript implementations of ‘simpledateformat’ that might
>> also provide some clear insight. See ISSUE 54 for details.
>
> https://github.com/w3c/csvw/issues/54 (featuring scary ascii-art from Gregg...)
>
>> Basically, I would like to know what others think (re the complexity) before
>> I plough on an spend time developing this further.
>>
>> Also keen to hear what JeniT has determined re the number formats.
>
> Jeni has send regrets due to a conflicting commitment. I suggest we
> skip the formal WG call this week but those of us interested have an
> informal discussion on date formatting, functions/operators etc.

And that is what happened. There was no formal meeting but Jeremy,
Ivan and I talked about date formats, picture strings etc.
https://github.com/w3c/csvw/issues/54 has links to the full chatlog
http://www.w3.org/2014/11/19-csvw-irc and a few notes from me. Ivan
and Jeremy may add more detail but had to run off to other meetings
straight away.

Dan