Re: Could primaryKey be specified directly as a column name?

On 3 Nov 2014 11:37, "Axel Polleres" <axel.polleres@wu.ac.at> wrote:

> Dear Jeni, all,
>
> just a guts feeling: Things like 'primary key' are constraints on the
data. Another group is primarily concerned with constraints on data and
validation of these: http://www.w3.org/2014/data-shapes/

> In the F2F meeting of the DRF Data Shapes WG I noted that I would be
surprised if basic SQL constraints (like primary/foreign key constrainrs
would NOT be covered there), so likewise here I wonder whether these
constraints are something we shouldn't do in liaison with the RDF data
shapes group, rather  than specifying properties in isolation.

> Thoughts?

Data Shapes WG is by charter and membership wholeheartedly by/for/in RDF.
CSV WG is not. The best we can expect at this stage is to communicate,
rather than common spec IMHO.

Dan

> Axel
>
> --
> Prof. Dr. Axel Polleres
> Institute for Information Business, WU Vienna
> url: http://www.polleres.net/  twitter: @AxelPolleres
>
> On 03 Nov 2014, at 11:53, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi David,
> >
> > This was an attempt to make the metadata JSON be good JSON-LD. The
draft now just uses the “name” property and references those names within
“primaryKey", which makes it easier to write but requires a bit more
application logic.