Re: Template as mechanism for CSV conversion.

What is notable about all of these systems is that they don't accept
tabular data as an input (that I know of).

It might be useful to have a standard mapping from tabular data to JSON
and XML suitable for feeding templating engines, but columns indexed by
heading is a very different beast than columns indexed by column number.
(apologies if I have come late and there's a lot of backstory to the
group; if there's a document I should read before commenting futher,
that's cool, just URL-me)