RE: Another use case: Spotfire's CSV-like format

Hi Yakov - Spotfire's text data format certainly displays some of the characteristics we're looking to support:
i) column names not on the first line
ii) use of column delimiter other than comma ","
iii) null value indicator
iv) microsyntax (at least for string-lists)
v) column type indicators

I don't think we have a requirement yet for expressing comment lines in a CSV (which Spotfire's format allows for) - but it is an obvious one.

I wonder if rather than adding a new use case, we can add this to the list of "known formats" on the wiki and cross reference our requirements and (emerging) solutions? First impressions suggest that dealing with "special characters" (prefixed with backslash "\") might be problematic.

I'll add the format to the wiki & provide a requirements cross-reference in slower time.

Jeremy