Re: Example of CSV in Arabic

Hey Yakov,

Note that the csv files are displayed in the browser directly and with the correct characters. According to my browser it is in UTF-8

An oddity, but it may be a matter of RTL display on my screen:

الجيزة,66.7,33.3,"4,383,701","1,493,092","24,105",34.6,"995,417","497,675"

the placement of the '"' characters is a bit strange (there seems to be a missing one on the left hand). But I should probably look into the file itself to see whether there is a problem or it is only a matter of RTL issue: Indeed, the rightmost '"' may belong to the leftmost number and just displayed in the wrong place.

Also, note the issue with the ',' as a separator character; as you said in a separate mail, due to the locale in Egypt (I presume), the usage of ',' is actually awkward because it is also used as radix.

I cannot read Arabic, but I do presume that the 'logical' order of the columns is right-to-left. If so, this is something to add to the use cases...

Thanks!

Ivan

On 31 Mar 2014, at 01:28 , Yakov Shafranovich <yakov-ietf@shaftek.org> wrote:

> This is from elections results in Egypt:
>
> http://referendum2012.elections.eg/results/referendum-results
>
> https://egelections-2011.appspot.com/Referendum2012/results/csv/Final-Referendum-Results.csv
>
> https://egelections-2011.appspot.com/Referendum2012/results/csv/EG.csv
>
> Yakov