Re: Call for Editors!

Hi

R2RML is related to SQL, but most of the logic is actually useful for a
tabular model, so should be possible to work on this in less then 2 years,
probably, re-using most of the very good work done :-)

I mean: the problematic and technology-driven part could be in particular

rr:sql, and rr:join.

But I suggest using for example something like

rr:script "" some scripting language """

in place of the rr:sql part for CSV, in order to give the chance to
pre-process tabular data before performing the actual mapping, in a similar
way as many tools do while performing import or indexing. (For example Solr
provides the chance to use scripting on immutable values, during the
index/update phase, row by row). In this hypothetical scenario, one could
use a script for a row or an entire "table", in order to produce modified
copies (useful for example to normalize characters, split cells, etc).

Moreover should be possible to abstract on the rr:join part.

my two cents :-)

Alfredo