Re: lack of clear motivation for transforming from CSV to JSON or XML

Hi Anastasia, the point I was suggesting (I understand this thread is about
requirements, not solutions! :-) is that if we think about a general form
for CSV to JSON we should expect to have only one json, which is not true
(and yet is definetly not true for CSV or other tabular representation...
:-)
Adopting RDF is good in this direction not only for enriching with
metadata, but at a more simple level for describing the model in a simple
and yet explicit way: this model could be then easily transformed and
enriched in order to obtain a more "proper" RDF, as tarql or similar tools
does, for example. In this particular case, talking about json, I suggest
using json-ld. If we talk about going CSV->XML I'll probably suggest using
RDF/XML, and so on, just that.
Sorry for naive comments maybe, but following the discussion I'd like to
contribute :-)

A.