Re: Finding Metadata for CSV Files

From: Andy Seaborne andy@apache.org Date: 9 March 2014 at 10:33:57:
> 5. (no advocacy) Naming convention : if there is a "data.csv" then the
> metadata is adjacent under "data.csv.json" or somesuch.
>
> Similar to a Simple Data Format bundle but in an unpacked form (DSF has
> "datapackage.json" for a whole bundle).
>
> The downside with this is that files become separated and the
> association is lost.

Yes, that would be an alternative, but I don’t think we should include it as an approach in a Recommendation. It runs counter to the arguments in

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-get-off-my-lawn-01

that caution against a protocol that specifies a particular URL path.

Cheers,

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison