RE: New i18n use case [WAS: CSV use case]

Hi Andy - thanks for the comments. Some further clarification required; see below ...

Jeremy

Fixed

> >> - <http://w3c.github.io/csvw/use-cases-and-requirements/#R-

> >> ListsAsRepeatedFields>
>
> It could be either list or repeated objects (in RDF speak)?

When thinking about this I wasn't projecting any ideas about the target
RDF implementation. I hadn't considered the use of RDF Collections
<http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_collectionvocab> ... although I suppose
I was thinking that the RDF would be simple repeated properties, so assuming
all the 'geocode' columns map to, say,
<http://data.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/ontology/admingeo/gssCode> and the geocodes
Themselves are somehow mapped to a URI (not really part of this example, but
makes for a more "real" transformation), then the example ...

geocode #1,geocode #2,geocode #3
    530012,    530013,    530015

... becomes ...

ex:resource
  <http://data.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/ontology/admingeo/gssCode> ex:530012, ex:530013, ex:530015 .

Do you have any recommendations about modifying the text of the requirement?
Certainly, I can include this trivial mapping. But I guess choice of target
RDF is down to how the template is implemented?

> The other case of repeated fields is a repeated row with blanks means
> "same as above".  This relates to hierarchies:
>
> concept subconcept
>          subconcept
> concept subconcept
>          subconcept
>          subconcept
>
> of which org charts are an example.

It seems that this requirement could be optimised to include all "repeated
property" behaviours, including that which is displayed by the org chart.

In order to do this, it would be great to have a simple "org chart" example
to refer to. At present, we have _no_ examples of "blank field x means that
the subject of the row is the same as the previous one".

Do you have an example to hand we could use (e.g. from Dave Reynold's
Work as editor on the Org vocab <http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-org/>?

Thinking a bit further, this affects the "row by row" parsing of the data,
meaning that the parser would need to retain state from a previous row.

Thoughts?