Re: what about CSV fragments?

On 9 July 2014 10:02, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

As for the core remark: I think the simple answer is: it seems that no use
> cases were submitted (so far) that relied on fragment identifiers. If you
> have a real-life case for that: please send information to us and we would
> be happy to include it!

I can think of a use case, where table cells have annotations. When
published as CSV (and perhaps even when published as HTML), these
annotations should be stored separately, linked to the table cells in some
way, rather than as part of the table cell values.

The most common example of an annotation of a table cell is footnotes,
usually represented as either a symbol:
https://peerj.com/articles/432/#table-3 (where an asterisk commonly
represents "significant difference")
or as a superscript letter, either in a body cell:
https://peerj.com/articles/20/#table-2
or in a header cell:
https://peerj.com/articles/394/#table-2

Another type of annotation would be formatting, such as italics, as seen in
the last column of this table:
https://peerj.com/articles/392/#table-5

Alf