Some additional information (was: Telcon & kick-off)

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 18:45:50 +0100
Cc: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
To: W3C CSV on the Web Working Group <public-csv-wg@w3.org>

Hi All,

here are some more, hopefully useful details:

To join this telecon, use the following logistics:

The Zakim bridge number is +1.617.761.6200. the code conference is 2789 ("CSVW"), followed by the # key.

SIP access to Zakim is available via a gateway; see instructions [1] and user-contributed tips [2].

We will also use an IRC channel to minute the discussions:
Address:  irc.w3.org
Available ports (choose one): 6667, 6665, 21
IRC channel: #csvw

See how to connect [3] using an IRC client [4] or our web interface [5]

User Instructions for Zakim [6]
     To mute your line press 61#. Unmute is 60#.
     To place yourself on the speaker queue ('q+' in irc)
     press 41# (Hand up). Unqueue ('q-' in irc) is 40#.
     You may signal for W3C admin assistance with *0
     (only during W3C/MIT office hours).

Scribing instructions are at [7]; the main section is step 2 and 3 (the rest will be done, at least at the beginning, by yours truly)

Some useful resources that you want to keep under your pillow

* CSVW Working Group home page/wiki page

* CSVW Working Group home charter

* CSVW Working Group mailing list archive

* GitHub repository for the group (if you want write access, you will have to send me your github account name)

Looking forward to meet you on our first telecon.

Ivan Herman
W3C Staff Contact

[1] http://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/Zakim-SIP
[2]  http://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/Zakim-SIP-tips
[3] http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/
[4] http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
[5] http://irc.w3.org/
[6] http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
[7] http://dev.w3.org/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

On 20 Jan 2014, at 17:32 , Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Thanks everyone for filling in the Doodle poll with your preferences for telcon slots. Unfortunately there wasnít a slot that everyone could make. Ivan also worked out that the 14:00 UTC slot on Wednesdays is reserved for the Data Activity Coordination Group so we needed to avoid that.
> Which means the winner for our routine telcon is **Wednesdays at 08:00 Boston Time** (= 13:00 UK time; all W3C telcons standardise on Boston time, which only makes a difference when the clocks change out of sync with each other).
> Apologies to Alfonso who canít make this time. Our hope is that there will be lots of ways to collaborate aside from during the telcons.
> I cannot make 13:00 this Wednesday, and I need to be involved in the first call. We will therefore hold our first call on **Wednesday 29th January at 13:00 GMT**.
> The Zakim code will be 2789 (ie CSVW) and the irc channel irc:irc.w3.org/csvw. If you are new to W3C telcons, the details are available at:
>   https://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar
> If you have any problems or questions please send them to <group-csv-chairs@w3.org>.
> Thanks,
> Jeni