Some additional information (was: Telcon & kick-off)

Hi All,

here are some more, hopefully useful details:

To join this telecon, use the following logistics:

The Zakim bridge number is +1.617.761.6200. the code conference is 2789 ("CSVW"), followed by the # key.

SIP access to Zakim is available via a gateway; see instructions [1] and user-contributed tips [2].

We will also use an IRC channel to minute the discussions:
Address:  irc.w3.org
Available ports (choose one): 6667, 6665, 21
IRC channel: #csvw

See how to connect [3] using an IRC client [4] or our web interface [5]

User Instructions for Zakim [6]
     To mute your line press 61#. Unmute is 60#.
     To place yourself on the speaker queue ('q+' in irc)
     press 41# (Hand up). Unqueue ('q-' in irc) is 40#.
     You may signal for W3C admin assistance with *0
     (only during W3C/MIT office hours).

Scribing instructions are at [7]; the main section is step 2 and 3 (the rest will be done, at least at the beginning, by yours truly)

Some useful resources that you want to keep under your pillow

* GitHub repository for the group (if you want write access, you will have to send me your github account name)
https://github.com/w3c/csvw

Looking forward to meet you on our first telecon.

Ivan Herman
W3C Staff Contact

[1] http://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/Zakim-SIP
[2]  http://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/Zakim-SIP-tips
[3] http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/
[4] http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
[5] http://irc.w3.org/
[6] http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
[7] http://dev.w3.org/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

On 20 Jan 2014, at 17:32 , Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks everyone for filling in the Doodle poll with your preferences for telcon slots. Unfortunately there wasn’t a slot that everyone could make. Ivan also worked out that the 14:00 UTC slot on Wednesdays is reserved for the Data Activity Coordination Group so we needed to avoid that.
>
> Which means the winner for our routine telcon is **Wednesdays at 08:00 Boston Time** (= 13:00 UK time; all W3C telcons standardise on Boston time, which only makes a difference when the clocks change out of sync with each other).
>
> Apologies to Alfonso who can’t make this time. Our hope is that there will be lots of ways to collaborate aside from during the telcons.
>
> I cannot make 13:00 this Wednesday, and I need to be involved in the first call. We will therefore hold our first call on **Wednesday 29th January at 13:00 GMT**.
>
> The Zakim code will be 2789 (ie CSVW) and the irc channel irc:irc.w3.org/csvw. If you are new to W3C telcons, the details are available at:
>
>   https://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar
>
> If you have any problems or questions please send them to <group-csv-chairs@w3.org>.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeni