Re: use case: peel sessions

From: Alf Eaton <eaton.alf@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 23:46:05 +0000
To: "Tandy, Jeremy" <jeremy.tandy@metoffice.gov.uk>
Cc: W3C CSV on the Web Working Group <public-csv-wg@w3.org>
Hi Jeremy,

The Peel Sessions data has been published in various formats at
different times in the past, though some of them have disappeared from
the web by now. There was a data dump at
<https://web.archive.org/web/20081023060734/http://bbc-hackday.dyndns.org/>
which I think might have been CSV, then an RDF dump, then the current
HTML versions at <http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/johnpeel/sessions/>.

It would be nice to have a published CSV version to work with again -
which is what I was trying to produce, via OpenRefine, hence the use
case - but I couldn't figure out the best way to represent multiple,
nested values without repeating all the objects multiple times. It
seemed like a nice, straightforward example of the kind of thing that
CSV (or some other line-oriented format) needs to be able to handle,
in one way or another.

Once there are some more use cases written up I'll have a go at
adapting this one to the same style; if it turns out that one of the
other use cases covers the same ground, feel free to delete it.

Alf