Re: Meeting minutes for the 19th of February...

[[
andys: some json reprs e.g. gregg's could lose order
]]

Regarding Andy's comment that JSON might loose order, that's not necessarily the case. For data in a single row, if the headers map to the same property, and we describe the container type of that property to be @list, that could keep the data in order. For example, the following context snippet:

{
  "@context": {
    "Value1": {"@id": "ex:value", "@container": "@list"},
    "Value2": {"@id": "ex:value", "@container": "@list"}
  }
}

[[
<TimFinin> maybe we cld have any number of header rows. One might give simple datatypes. another might give column names. another might gibe URIs to semantic types
]]

In my view, this information comes from the JSON-LD frame/context. A type can be statically associated with an entity, or the type could be derived from some column value. Datatype of column values can be determined from the @type associated with the context mapping for that value, allthough I presume that native datatypes, such as integer, float and boolean, are handled as they are in JSON-LD.

Regarding use cases, I'll create some based on the examples from my proposal.

Again, sorry to not be on the calls, but I will make time if asked. Unfortunately, the agendas have been published pretty late.

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net