Re: CSV-LD proposal

From: Alf Eaton <eaton.alf@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:06:56 +0000
To: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Cc: "public-csv-wg@w3.org" <public-csv-wg@w3.org>
On 13 February 2014 19:28, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net> wrote:

> I hadn't considered the need for a format description, and I question if it's always needed, but I could see something like that being added to a spec.
>
> Describing column micro-syntaxes might also be useful, and is another motivation for a format description.

That came from Simple Data Format/JSON Table Schema, which adds
various properties (type, title, format, description) to the schema
for each column. I can see it being particularly useful for dates,
where you might need to specify that the dates are in mm/dd/yyyy
rather than dd/mm/yyyy format, for example.

http://dataprotocols.org/simple-data-format/
http://dataprotocols.org/json-table-schema/

Alf