Re: Syntax for Tabular Data on the Web

Section 3.2 Line Endings, says:

All occurrences of CRLF (U+000D U+000A) within a CSV+ must be
normalised to LF (U+000A). This is significant within fields that
contain line endings.

I'm not sure I agree with this. I think the format should encourage a
specific line ending, e.g. LF and parsers should normalise if other
line-endings are used. But I don't think that line-endings in quoted
fields should be altered as it means I can't round trip data through
the format as field values get changed.

Cheers,

L.

--