Re: A short Hello

Dear Elke,

did you consider joining the Working Group? Red Hat being a W3C member, it is perfectly possible in case your management agrees. The 'official' contact between Red Hat and W3C (from the Red Hat side, that is) is Daniel Veillard, he can help you through the administrative hooplas...

Based on your experience, it would be really good...

Sincerely

Ivan (staff contact of the group)

On 14 Apr 2014, at 18:30 , Eike Rathke <erack@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Eike Rathke, I live in Hamburg, Germany, and I work for
> Red Hat, Inc. on LibreOffice and one of my main expertises is the Calc
> spreadsheet core engine. I was involved with most of the CSV
> import/export code so I'm "naturally" somewhat interested in this
> working group.
>
> I followed this mailing list loosely since March and saw that most of
> the samples gathering work was done, but maybe I can contribute some
> corner cases that do not follow the requirements of RFC 4180 but yet are
> in the wild, or share some insights about how LibreOffice handles such
> cases in the attempt to import broken documents nevertheless with the
> least possible data loss ...
>
> Anyhow, pleased to meet you :)
>
>  Eike
>
> --
> LibreOffice Calc developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
> GPG key ID: 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
> Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/