RE: ACTION-5: Provide data definition schema for public roles and salaries to jeremy for uc doc

From: Tandy, Jeremy <jeremy.tandy@metoffice.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 11:47:46 +0000
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
CC: "public-csv-wg@w3.org" <public-csv-wg@w3.org>
Hi Jeni -

Given the lack of schemas I wouldn’t want to create anything artificial for the purpose of this use case. What I was hoping for was to be able to refer to, or describe within the UC itself, the set of instructions that were given to departments and agencies. I assume that there was some general communication indicating how Cabinet Office expected the information to be returned? (e.g. was it just a "blank" spread sheet with necessary column headings and a word document?). I think it would be interesting to compare the "manual approach" from Cabinet Office with the "machine validatable schema approach" we're proposing ...

Jeremy