Re: [css-writing-modes-3] page-flow-direction-002 test : images wider than paper ?

Le 2016-09-24 20:12, Gérard Talbot a écrit :
> Le 2016-05-31 23:58, Gérard Talbot a écrit :
>> Koji,
>>
>> [src]
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/page-flow-direction-002.xht
>>
>> [Shepherd]
>> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/testcase/page-flow-direction-002/
>>

>> You wrote:
>> "
>> Could we use smaller images? On my PC with my printer, the images are
>> wider than paper and each page is printed on two pages. That's not
>> what we want to test here, correct?
>> "
>>
>> I just stumbled on your comment today. The intrinsic width of the
>> widest image among the 4 images is 651px. I can rearrange the images'
>> intrinsic width to be narrower
>
> I have narrowed the 4 images so that they all are 391px wide in the
> following draft and not-submitted-yet tests:
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/wm-page-flow-direction-002-new.xht
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/wm-page-flow-direction-003-new.xht
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/wm-page-flow-direction-004-srl-new.xht
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/wm-page-flow-direction-005-slr-new.xht
>

>> but the test, as designed, will require
>> that each <div> uses 100% of the available width of document box so
>> that a page break occurs after each <div>.
>>
>> I do not understand why the images could be wider than paper but I do
>> see they seem to be wider than my page setup with Chrome 51 and Chrome
>> 52.
>
> I still do not understand why the images could be wider than page box
> (portrait, US Letter 215.9mm wide by 279.4mm tall, margins: 10mm).
>
>> My page setup settings for Firefox and Chrome are:
>> Orientation: Portrait,
>> Paper size: US Letter (215.9mm wide by 279.4mm tall),
>> Margins on all 4 sides: 10mm .
>>
>> Both Chrome 52.0.2743.19 and Firefox 49.0a1 buildID=20160531030258
>> fail that test for different reasons...
>
> One thing I believe I was missing is that I must set <html> element's
> width to 100% of page area, which I did not in the previous tests.
> vertical writing-modes, including in print media.
>
> Anyway... I am still unsure how to code those 4 tests. And I suspect
> Chrome 55 dev (55.0.2868.3) and Firefox 52.0a1
> (buildID=20160924030427) also both have print-media related bugs too.

Koji,

Good news!

Chrome 60.0.3080.5 (dev channel) was released today and it passes all of
the page flow direction (progression) related tests (basic testing):

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-writing-modes-3_dev/nightly-unstable/html/page-flow-direction-002.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-writing-modes-3_dev/nightly-unstable/html/page-flow-direction-003.htm

with narrower image:
http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/wm-page-flow-direction-002-new.xht

with narrower image:
http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/wm-page-flow-direction-003-new.xht

and also this one:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/wm-page-flow-direction-002.xht
which Chrome 60.0.3080.5 passes even better than Firefox 55.0a1
buildID=20170427093205

So, unless I am missing something big, these tests were correct and
adequate and Chrome versions 50-58 had a bug related to printing.

Firefox and Chrome may still have implementation failures related to
page-break-[ before | inside | after ] properties. These properties have
not been tested at all in the test suite. It must be assumed here that
page-break-[ before | inside | after ] are supposed to be
vertical-writing-mode-aware and vertical-writing-mode-capable.

Writing Tests
http://web-platform-tests.org/writing-tests/

General Test Guidelines
http://web-platform-tests.org/writing-tests/general-guidelines.html