Re: list-style-position-018 is invalid

On 16/10/10 01:31, David Baron wrote:
> The following tests:
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101001/html4/list-style-position-018.htm
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101001/xhtml1/list-style-position-018.xht
> are invalid because of the first and second sentences after the
> first note in the definition of 'outside' in:
> http://www.w3.org/Style/Group/css2-src/generate.html#propdef-list-style-position
> (that is, the first and second sentences that are not in the public
> draft).
>
> Unfortunately, since I can't find a record of the text in question
> on a public mailing list, W3C confidentiality rules prevent me from
> quoting the text here.
>
> (I wish our editors drafts were public, but they're not.)

These were duly removed by GĂ©rard in
<https://github.com/w3c/csswg-test/commit/0147c4a7a6946cb7d777bedce0b2499b2b9d60d3>.

As far as I can tell, list-style-position-018 is valid per the 2.1 REC,
and I'm not going to try and dig through the MO CVS history to try and
find the text David is referring to (at least that's a problem we don't
have any more!). We still don't have interop here, and it seems to be
causing some (minor) compat issues, so would be nice to have the test back.

I think what happened is it was undefined for floats and text-align for
a bit in 2.1 drafts, and is now only undefined for floats in the REC?

/Geoffrey