Re: Getting browser vendors running and submitting tests

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 17:21:29 -0400
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Le 2015-10-29 09:05, Boris Zbarsky a écrit :
> On 10/29/15 12:44 AM, Chris Lilley wrote:
>> The crucial bit of metadata is a link to *what section of the spec is
>> actually tested*.
>
> For a large proportion of tests, what's being tested is the
> interaction of multiple spec sections, if not multiple specs.

I agree.

>> Certainly there are other metadata items which are optional, but this
>> one is simple to provide
>
> I disagree with it being simple to provide.  The last time I tried
> this, pretty much any test that was at all interesting needed half a
> dozen or more links listed to provide this information.

Boris, I have never created a test that had (or needed) more than 3
links to spec.

When a real webpage causes a bug report to be created, it is rare that a
reduced test (reproducing the problem) coming from the real webpage
involves the interaction of more than 3 spec sections.

Gérard

--
Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines