Re: vertical-alignment test for 'super', 'sub' and 'middle'

Le 2015-10-05 19:31, 塩澤 元 a écrit :
> Gérard,
>
> I added new tests for 'super', 'sub' and 'middle' only with
> vertical-rl.
>
> https://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/95f0abe8675c
> https://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/cf03cc72af13 (renamed file)
>
> - vertical-alignment-vrl-010.xht:  vertical-rl + mixed + super
> - vertical-alignment-vrl-012.xht:  vertical-rl + upright + super
> - vertical-alignment-vrl-014.xht:  vertical-rl + sideways + super
> - vertical-alignment-vrl-016.xht:  vertical-rl + mixed + sub
> - vertical-alignment-vrl-018.xht:  vertical-rl + upright + sub
> - vertical-alignment-vrl-020.xht:  vertical-rl + sideways + sub
> - vertical-alignment-vrl-022.xht:  vertical-rl + mixed + middle
> - vertical-alignment-vrl-024.xht:  vertical-rl + upright + middle
> - vertical-alignment-vrl-026.xht:  vertical-rl + sideways + middle

Hajime,

Sorry for the long delay. Since you waited a long time, I have made some
modifications to your tests and then approved them all, so that you
would not have to resubmit changes for an additional review and
approval.

http://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/7d569978b1dd

Modifications I did:

When vertical-align - 'super' is tested, I changed the characters to X
and 2 (differentiable characters) so that when/if the Ahem font is
disabled, then we should see how X² looks like... even though in real
algebraic context, the exponent is smaller.

When vertical-align - 'sub' is tested, I changed the characters to O and
2 (differentiable characters; chemical formula of oxygen) so that
when/if the Ahem font is disabled, then we should see how O2 looks
like... even though in a real chemistry/chemical context, the subscript
is smaller.

I did not change the characters for vertical-align - 'middle' because,
for normal fonts, the x-height is usually around 0.45em to 0.50em ...
and we would not be able to visually compare, say, character "x" with
character "e" anyway because you carefully chose font sizes for an
x-height of 0.8em.

One error I fixed: "central" was changed for "alphabetic" in the text
assert of vertical-alignment-vrl-026.xht .

> ** About test for 'middle'
> I created a explanation images.
>
> - verticalAlignMiddleWithAlphabeticalBaseline.png
> - veritcalAlingMiddleWithCentralBaseline.png

Those explanation images are excellent, Hajime; we probably should keep
them.

> I created the tests for 'vertical-align: middle' based on an assumption
> that a x-height of Ahem font is 0.8em.

Yes.

"
The font has an x-height of 0.8em.
"
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/Fonts/Ahem/

The x-height of 0.8em does not change when/even if the dominant baseline
changes... which seems odd when the dominant baseline is central...

Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines

Test Templates

CSS Naming Guidelines