Re: CSSTest Fonts

Le 2015-11-06 07:54, Geoffrey Sneddon a écrit :
> On 06/11/15 00:49, Gérard Talbot wrote:
>> Le 2015-11-05 19:16, Geoffrey Sneddon a écrit :
>>> CSSTest/csstest-familyname-funkyA.ttf has names "small-caps 1in
>>> CSSTest
>>> FamilyName Funky" and "CSSテスト フォント名". Unless I'm missing
>>> anything, this has nothing else special about it (and I could well
>>> have
>>> missed something!).
>>
>> In that font, glyphs "1" "2" "3" "4" have been respectively replaced
>> with "F" "A" "I"  "L" and "5" "6" "7" "8" have been respectively
>> replaced with "P" "A" "S" "S" glyphs.
>
> I meant about the font's metadata, insofar as it effects font-matching.
>
> i.e.,
>
> given <p style="font-family: CSSテスト フォント名">5678</p> what
> font is initially selected (by step one of the font matching
> algorithm)?
>
> As far as I can tell, this is UA dependent (per "If there are two fonts
> with exactly the same properties, the user agent selects one of them"),
> because it's equally valid to choose csstest-familyname.ttf,
> CSSTest/csstest-familyname-funkyA.ttf,
> CSSTest/csstest-familyname-funkyB.ttf and
> CSSTest/csstest-familyname-funkyC.ttf. This seems not great for a test
> font!

Geoffrey,

If 4 fonts have the same properties for matching purposes, then choosing
one of them is the only requirement according to the quoted sentence ...
and all 4 fonts have their "5" "6" "7" "8" glyphs replaced by "P" "A"
"S" "S" glyphs .

> This affects <css-fonts-3/font-family-name-010.xht> and
> <css-fonts-3/font-family-name-011.xht> if I'm not mistaken.
>
> /Geoffrey

Font tests for the most part
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css21_dev/20110323/html4/chapter-15.html
have not been reviewed.

These tests
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css21_dev/20110323/html4/font-family-name-010.htm
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css21_dev/20110323/html4/font-family-name-011.htm
I do not understand... they match CSSTest FamilyName font on my system
for reasons I would not be able to explain right now. I do not have a
font with the name CSSテスト フォント名 , so I do not understand why CSSTest
Fallback is not used and should not be used in both tests...

[Addendum: I know why now:

"
Some font formats allow fonts to carry multiple localizations of the
family name. User agents must recognize and correctly match all of these
names independent of the underlying platform localization, system API
used or document encoding
(...)
"
CSS3 Fonts, 3.1 Font family: the font-family property
http://www.w3.org/TR/css-fonts-3/#font-family-prop

so "CSSテスト フォント名" must be the localized name of "CSSTest FamilyName" .

Right here, I would say that the 2 tests font-family-name-010 and
font-family-name-011 should *not* be in CSS2.1 test suite but only in
CSS3 Font test suite.
]

Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines