Re: [css-writing-modes-3] Review comments on orthogonal-parent-shrink-to-fit-001a

Le 2015-05-17 09:15, Koji Ishii a écrit :
> Thank you for reviewing the tests.
>
> On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Gérard Talbot
> <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:

[snipped]

>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/orthogonal-parent-shrink-to-fit-001.html
>>
>> I think you should not create a "combo" test, a meta-test for all
>> these
>> orthogonal scenarios and situations. Each of these sub-tests are
>> somewhat
>> complex (definitely not basic tests) and not easily obvious ... at
>> least to
>> me...
>>
>> I would filename-rename those 1a-1g tests into separate, distinct
>> tests and
>> not make them part of a "combo" test.
>
> Re-read the file name guideline:
> http://testthewebforward.org/docs/css-naming.html
> saying:
>
> | There may also be a letter affixed after the number,
> | which can be used to indicate variants of a test.
> |
> | For example, float-wrap-001l.xht and float-wrap-001r.xht
> | might be left and right variants of a float test.
>
> This is a test for shrink-to-fit, with different types of children as
> variants. Isn't this a good fit to use the suffix pattern?
>
> /koji

What you did is okay, is acceptable: you suffixed "a" to "g" to
different tests and made them part of a "combo" test.

I just think each of those "1a" to "1g" tests are complex enough by
themselves to be unique tests, to be separate tests and not part of a
"combo" test.

Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines

Test Templates