Re: [css-writing-modes-3] value-all-002 and value-all-003 : comments, feedback and question

Le 2015-07-09 04:57, Masataka Yakura a écrit :
> Hi Gérard,
>
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Gérard Talbot
> <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Masataka,
>>
>> [src]
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/value-all-002.html
>>
>> [nightly-unstable]
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-writing-modes-3_dev/nightly-unstable/html/value-all-002.htm
>>
>> [reference file]
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/reference/vertical-ahem-1x1-ref.html
>>
>> If you use the Ahem font, then it is preferable to also define the
>> line-height on block elements when you define the Ahem font size.
>> Otherwise, the gap between line boxes will be different from browsers
>> browsers.
>>
>> When line-height is not defined, then 'line-height' defaults to
>> 'normal'
>> and 'normal' computes to 1 in Webkit-based browsers and IE while it
>> will
>> compute to 1.2 in Firefox for the Ahem font.
>>
>> Try this page in several browsers:
>>

>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/experiments-va-lineheight-02.html
>>
>> Not specifying the line-height can make your reference file or your
>> test
>> unreliable. Here, how you created the reference file
>> vertical-ahem-1x1-ref
>> does not make your test incorrect.
>>

> Thanks for reviewing. I didn't know the default value for line-height
> differs by browser.

The default value for line-height differs by browser **_for the Ahem
font_** specifically.

Usually, the 'normal' value for line-height computes to the same value
for various fonts in browsers (Alan Gresley created a test page about
this). But this is not the case for Ahem font.

> Updated tests (including others needing the same fix) and sent a PR.
> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-test/pull/798

[snipped]

> So sorry for catching up late; it looks like editors have already
> answered
> the questions...

That's okay. We understand you may have other involvements elsewhere.

Masataka, I am happy to read your email.

Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines

Test Templates

CSS Naming Guidelines