Re: reftests in css2.1

On Jan 15, 2015, at 9:58 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

> On 01/12/2015 08:56 AM, Chris Lilley wrote:
>> Hello Public-css-testsuite,
>>
>> I want to add a couple of refs (actually, mismatch refs) to a test
>> that is used both for CSS Fonts 3 and CSS 2.1.
>>
>> Currently, there are no refs in the CSS 2.1 test directory. So I just
>> wanted to check that this is because these were written before
>> reftests were introduced, and not because adding refs would break
>> anything.
>
> Adding refs is strongly encouraged! Yes, they are not reftests because
> they were written before reftests.
>
> There was some work on reftestification of the CSS2.1 tests. Are there
> really no references at this point??

There are mostly in the css21/reference directory.

Gérard has converted a lot of the 2.1 tests to reftests, according to Shepherd over 5000 at this point [1]. Most of them use the same reference file, which is why you don't find too many of them by looking for references.

[1] http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/spec/css21/content/%27rel%3D%22match%27/