Review of 'row-progression-01[1-8].xht'

Le 2015-01-11 03:22, 塩澤 元 a écrit :
> Gérard,
>
> I have submitted 'direciton: rtl' version.
> http://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/77111522a3b0
>
> Please review these test-cases.

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/row-progression-011.xht

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/row-progression-012.xht

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/row-progression-013.xht

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/row-progression-014.xht

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/row-progression-015.xht

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/row-progression-016.xht

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/row-progression-017.xht

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/row-progression-018.xht

Hajime,

I think those tests should not be using 'unicode-bidi'... unless you
want to specifically test directionality of text inside table cells.

I think your tests - without use of 'unicode-bidi' - should be about
*_table column ordering_*; how 'direction:rtl' set on a table element
affects table column order.

When you read the spec and a testable statement of the spec, you want to
create a test that will check one and one single aspect of the spec and
one and only one statement of the spec. And you want to create filenames
for test and test assertion text that will be coherent.

When I now rethink this, I do not see how we could create more tests or
other tests regarding table rows progression. By definition, 'direction:
rtl' and 'unicode-bidi: bidi-override' are not supposed to have any
impact, any rendering effect on table row progression to begin with! But
'direction: rtl' should have an impact, a rendering effect on columns
order.

Are your 'row-progression-01[1-8].xht' tests a waste of time? No. They
should probably a) be filename-renamed b) with new <title> and c) with
new text assert and check how 'unicode-bidi: override' does to text
directionality in table cells and another version of those same
'row-progression-01[1-8].xht' tests should be about table column order.

I'll try to create an example of this later.

--
Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines

Test Templates